Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Luzern

I was so lucky to have had a meeting in Luzern today.  The city is beautiful and home to Merck's Swiss headquarters.  Their office is only a few blocks from the city center and the shores of Lake Luzern.  

The famous chapel bridge: (this pic is from the Internet, mine didn't come out good)
It was a quick visit, I actually had intended to spend the day, but as it goes, I got on the wrong train in the morning and lost all the spare time due to the mistake.  BUT, I did visit an electronics store and scored their last fan!!! I am so excited! 

My shiny new purchase: 
I got back to Basel in time to be a guest speaker for a Boston Herald Radio spot.   It was a live broadcast about career development relating to fresh grads.  It was fun and I hope they ask me back. 

After the broadcast I met my family at a pizza place in the center and on the walk home took some pics:  There's always something to see new here!

A floating concert on the Rhine!
View from bridge in front of our apartment:
Tomorrow is a packed day of BD meetings in Basel and the kids are back at soccer camp. I heard it might be cooler tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers!




No comments:

Post a Comment