Sunday, August 11, 2013

13,000 ft!

Before we had to catch the train back to Basel on Saturday, we had enough time to take the gondola to the top.  The trip is officially called Matterhorn Glacier Paradise.  It was thrilling. Unfortunately, Eric and I both got altitude sickness, so once up there,  we didn't stay too long.  He was super dizzy and I was sick to my stomach. Up at the top there is a glacier igloo, an incredible view of the Alps, and people were actually skiing.  Amazing!

So here's the view of the Matterhorn at 4,000 ft
Here it is at 13,000 ft


Ice palace

Cold and windy at the top, we were under dressed
Gondola back down
So tired he fell asleep mid bite, with his ham in his hand
It was a great trip to Zermatt.  Eric and I will come back, but next time, without the kids.  I want to do a lot more hiking!








No comments:

Post a Comment