Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lonza

Today I visited the Lonza Biologics European headquarters.  The building is located near the main train station and close to the highway and airport.  

This was my second visit with the Global Head of Staffing there.  He is super nice and had some great suggestions regarding our office set up.  Most helpful was his information regarding bank accounts.  Apparently, unless you are a citizen, you can not open a bank account, unless you use the Post Bank.  I am going to open an account this month to see what the process is like, and because it sounds cool to have a Swiss bank account, even if it only has 200 bucks in it!

I also checked out some office space today.  Check out the balcony!  And, yes, you can get wifi out there and work in those comfy chairs!




I have learned a lot about Basel over the last week so I intend to write a separate blog post on some specific details about living and working here.  I think it will be helpful for our candidates considering a relocation to this area.

Today was also my son Bailey's birthday!!  I can't believe he is 5 years old!!  This is him opening some presents:


We also took him out to the center to pick out a toy (he picked a small airplane) and then we stopped for a drink:

 Happy Birthday Bailey!  This will be one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment